Blog Post 5 – ReflectionAugust 18, 2007 at 7:38 am | Posted in uncategorized | 14 Comments
First of all, WOW!! Excellent responses to Blog Post #4!! I truly enjoyed reading your comments and insights. We sure have come a long way since the first post went up.
Now for the newest post:
Reflect on your initial responses to the 8 statements on the anticipation guide discussed the first night of class. Identify 2-3 statements where your thinking has changed or deepened. Share your insights.
- All students should have solid reading and writing skills by the time they reach middle school.
- Students should discuss their assigned readings only after they have had a chance to read it independently first.
- Vocabulary is learned best when it is taught within the context of a lesson.
- It is the job of all teachers to create lifeong readers.
- Textbooks provide adequate reading passages for students.
- Reading independently is a passive experience.
- Teaching reading strategies in the content areas will take away valuable teaching time.
- There are limited text resources to use in the content areas.
I’m already looking forward to what you all have to say…